3/31/11

The week has gotten away from me and recipe for Hawaiian chicken-crockpot

Well, this week has gotten the best of me.  How is it today is Thursday?  Well, I opened up the blog to find that I had lots of comments and I am also featured in this week's recipes on Feeding Four .

This is a big deal for me.  I started this blog just for fun, and it is now evolving into a showcase area on how I live.  The economy and gas prices are part of the equation.  Rising food prices are another part of the equation, but we can not change the prices on items we buy, rather we can change our eating habits. 

I can not tell everyone enough about the importance of a meal plan, but I am sure glad I made one this week.  Tonight was my first evening home all week.  On Monday, I made Hawaiian Chicken.  This recipe was good, but not great.  I think that it was in the crock pot a little long.  I think this recipe would be good with a bit more spice.  It is a bit like sweet and sour chicken.  I used peppers, onions, and pineapple.  I think I just had higher hopes for this dish.  I am planning on making it again and cooking for a shorter amount of time. 

Well, that is what has been cooking in my kitchen this week.  I hope to be able to cook a bit more and bake.  I am having house guests next week.  The dreaded in-laws are coming for a whole week.  I may blog a bit about that, but I am trying to figure out how to feed two more mouths for a week without blowing my budget.  More on that in a later post. 

Hope everyone is having a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment