3/25/11

Beef Enchilada---(Leftover Recipe)


Here is a great new recipe I tried this week.  I made a Beef Roast in the Crock Pot this week on Wednesday.  There was a very small piece left, which I made into Beef Enchiladas.  I am constantly on a quest to repurpose leftovers into something my family will enjoy. 

These enchiladas were very fast to make and only had to bake for 30 mins.  Not bad for a weeknight meal. 

Leftover Beef Enchiladas Recipe

Ingredients:

Servings: 6


• 1 tablespoon lite olive oil

• 1 onion, sliced

• 1 sweet red pepper, sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced

• 2 cups cooked roast beef, cubed

• 1 can enchilada sauce
• 6 flour tortillas

• 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded


Directions:

Prep Time: 15 mins

Total Time: 55 mins

1.  Saute the onion & garlic until the garlic is fragrent & the onion is soft.

2.  Add the red peppers for a minute.

3.  Remove from heat add beef and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.



4. Spoon about 3/4 cup of the meat mixture down the middle of each tortilla.

5.  Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of cheese.

6. Fold the tortilla sides up so they overlap slightly.

7. Place them side by side, seam side down, in a 11x7 baking dish.

8.  Spoon the remaining enchilada sauce over them.
9.Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.



10.  Bake in 350F degrees oven for about 30 minutes.


These turned out very good.  I would maybe add a little cheese to the beef mixture and also some red or black beans.  I served this with a side of mexican rice and corn.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I wonder if hubby would eat these. Maybe if I didn't call them enchiladas LOL When I say "enchiladas" I better be cooking "his enchiladas".

    Thanks for linking up to What's Cooking Thursdays, you're one of the featured recipes this week!

    www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete