3/3/11

$30 in 30 days--Update

Well the last two months have definitely gotten away from me.  January brought many illnesses to my family.  We ate many pots of soup this month.  I managed to cut my grocery spending by $200.00 in the month of January.  This was a HUGE milestone for me.  February has also come and gone.  February brought crisis to my family.  My grandma who was 86 passed away from a major stroke.  The past two weeks have been spent in hospice by her side remembering the good memories.  Since I was not at home much the last few weeks.  I have went over budget in February, but March started out well.  I am truly eating out of my freezer and will try to give weekly updates this month on how I am cutting my grocery costs.

I am also trying to cut household costs.  This week we have taken the plunge and canceled the satellite tv.  I could not understand spending $100.00 a month on TV.  I will also update on how the kids are handling this.  So far it has gone well.  They are playing with toys that have been forgotten over the last few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment