3 lbs cherry tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
14 leaves fresh basil
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes andstock in a crock pot. Cook for 4 hours on low. Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, and return the puree to the crockpot.
- Turn crock pot to high, and stir in the heavy cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon softened butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto sauce, divided
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- Spread one side of a slice of bread with butter, and place it, buttered side down, into a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread the top of the bread slice in the skillet with half the pesto sauce, and place a slice of provolone cheese, the tomato slices, and the slice of Cheddar cheese onto the pesto.
- Spread remaining pesto sauce on one side of the second slice of bread, and place the bread slice, pesto side down, onto the sandwich. Butter the top side of the sandwich.
- Gently fry the sandwich, flipping once, until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes per side.