10/9/11

CHICKEN WITH FETA AND TOMATO

This recipe is being made, because I still have tomato plants that do not want to stop producing. I know that the days are limited because we should have frost anytime. Once the frost comes, there will be no more tomatoes. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I found it in my email from a friend. I was begging for recipes last week because I wanted to be frugal and not let any tomatoes go to waste. Try this recipe you won't be disappointed.

CHICKEN WITH FETA AND TOMATO
Makes 4 servings.


Ingredients

3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth

1/2 tsp dried oregano

Salt and Pepper

3/4 cup chopped olives

1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

4 pounds bone in chicken parts, breasts, drumsticks and thighs




Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker. Top with garlic and oregano. Add tomatoes and broth. Cover and cook on low heat until chicken is tender and 165° on a thermometer, 5 hours. Top with olives and feta cheese, cover and cook 15 min. then SERVE...

No comments:

Post a Comment