10/19/11

Candy Corn Cupcakes

You can check out this recipe at The girl who ate everything.  I followed it pretty much to the letter! 

Today I made wonderful Candy Corn Cupcakes for my daughter's dance group.  It was Fall week and they were encouraged to dress up in costumes and bring treats.  These cupcakes were the perfect addition.




I started with a boxed white cake mix.  (Yes, I use cake mixes!  I love to make things homemade, but I still find a boxed mix does the job.)  I doctored it up using 1 cup sour cream, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/3 cup oil. 

Took half the batter and colored it yellow

The other half I colored orange

Layer half yellow and half orange in standard muffin tin with liners..I chose to use Halloween inspired liners. 

Bake according to package directions.  350 degrees for 18 minutes. 

Frost with a white frosting and decorate as appropriate.

I used a marshmallow frosting for some ooey gooey fun!!  The children loved these!!


MARSHMALLOW FROSTING

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,166,152171-237207,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
3 egg whites
2 1/4 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 1/3 tbsp. vanilla
3/4 c. boiling water

Combine egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and vanilla. Mix at low speed then add boiling water
while mixer is at low speed. When all water is added turn to high speed and beat until peak stands.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment