10/5/11

Dr. Pepper Roasted Pecans

I love making my presents at holiday time. My neighbors expect to get homemade baked goods delivered to their doors during the rushed holiday season. Here is a recipe that I recently tested. These was gone very quickly. The smell while the pecans were cooking reminded me of the warm roasted nut smell at fall festivals. My husband even emerged from his man cave to find out what I was making. Thumbs up all around!

Dr. Pepper Glazed Pecans

1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
1 cup pecan halves
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Melt butter in small saucepan and add Dr. Pepper and cinnamon. Bring to the simmering point, then add pecans and simmer for 15 minutes or until Dr. Pepper evaporates, stirring frequently.

Pour pecans over cookie sheet and bake at 275 degrees F for 40 minutes or until crisp, turning at least every 10 minutes while baking.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! found you via bassgiraffes thoughts blog hop. I think this is a great idea. I love doctor pepper, nuts are pretty good for you, this sounds like a perfect treat! newest follower and I cant wait for you to post more handmade goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmm!...I'm stopping by from the Blog Hop on Katherine's Corner to say hi!....Hi! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks super simple. TFS

    Blog hopping from Katherine's Corner

    ReplyDelete