10/17/11

Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast


Well, I chose to make a new creation in my kitchen.  Sometimes, I am not sure about a recipe I want to make, but with the temperature in the 40's and that crisp fall air.  I decided that our wonderful fall day needed a wonderful fall dinner.  I looked at my pork roast and decided it needed some flair.  I searched the grocery store, and what did I find?  I found cranberries.  The sign said just arrived.  Well, these were just begging to be used so I created a great pork roast recipe incorporating the cranberries.  This recipe has some sweet and savory vibes to it, but the family gobbled it up.  Why not use this in your own kitchen and be the hit of the day.
Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast

1 Pork Loin Roast, slit cut into for stuffing purposes

1/2 lb. cranberries

1 Tbsp. Fresh Sage

1 tsp. cloves

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup orange juice concentrate

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cranberries, sage, cloves, brown sugar and orange juice concentrate. Stuff into the slit cut in roast.  Place in baking pan.  Bake for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until done.  Enjoy!! 

My kids and husband claimed this was the best meal they have had in a while.  I served this with fresh brussel sprouts from my garden and some applesauce.  Simple meal, but good!

No comments:

Post a Comment