8/14/11

Roasted Tomato Pasta


Sunday Blog Hop Shibley Smiles

My cherry tomatoes were turning red and then a few days later I had so many I didn't know what to do with.  I looked around and found a recipe I modified to use ingredients I had on hand.  My family exclaimed this was one of the best dinners we had in a while.  We ate outside on a cool summer day and I felt like I had escaped reality and transported myself to Italy. 


Pasta with Baked Tomato Sauce


Adapted from The Best American Recipes 2000 via Epicurious.com


Serves 4

1 lb. shrimp or chicken

3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 pound very ripe cherry tomatoes, halved

1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs

1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese

2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

1 pound linguine

1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the oil.

Place the tomatoes cut side up in the dish.

In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheeses, and garlic and toss with a fork to mix well. Sprinkle the bread-crumb mixture over the tomatoes, making sure that each cut side is well covered with the crumb mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then the final tablespoon of olive oil. Bake until the tomatoes are cooked through and starting to brown on top, about 20 minutes.

Cook shrimp for about 5 mins in a small saute pan.  Add garlic and a couple teaspoons olive oil. 

Combine tomatoes and shrimp in a large bowl.

Cook linguine as directed on package for al dente.  Drain pasta and add to tomaotes and shrimp.  Mix together and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment