1/2/12

Creamy Chicken and Homestyle Noodles

I made roasted chicken breasts on Friday night.  Saturday night we had a takeout fakeout at home for our New Year's celebration.  Sunday night I made this great dish and we are eating leftovers tonight.  If you like amish style chicken and noodles, you will LOVE this dish. 

The part I loved about this dish is that I didn't have to roast a whole chicken and debone it.  I used two leftover large chicken breasts and shredded the meat.  I added some celery, onions, carrots, and broth and let it cook away.  I then added parsley and the noodles and let it cook about 40 mins.  VOILA!  done.  Not much effort and a great winter meal. 

Creamy Chicken and Homestyle Noodles

leftover chicken shredded
2 cups onion chopped
2 cups celery chopped
2 cups carrots chopped
12 cups chicken broth, I use homemade
1 can evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste
parsley for garnish
1 package frozen Raemes noodles

Cook onion, celery, and carrots until translucent.  Add chicken and stock.  Cook 1 hour to soften vegetables.  Add noodles and cook about 40 mins.  Add parsley and evaporated milk and heat till hot.  Serve. 

I served this with crusty garlic rolls.  It was absolutely the best leftover meal I have ever tasted.  I can't wait for the leftovers tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this looks yummy!

    Thanks so much for joining Flock Together today at Mom’s Best Nest . I am now your happy follower and look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete