1/9/12

Homemade Playdough




It is winter here in Iowa (even though it doesn't feel like it) and my children are starting to get the cooped up feeling.  Today the playdough toys came out and we figured out that our playdough was no good.  I had too much to do to warrant another trip to the store, so I looked up a recipe for homemade playdough and much to my surprise it was great.  This recipe used items I already had in my kitchen and the bonus was the it was made from koolaid and this made it smell wonderful.

The bonus to this recipe is that it made a large rubbermaid container full.  This will give us many hours of play. 

Ingredients

    • 2 1/2 cups flour
    • 1/2 cup salt
    • 2 (4 g) packages unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix
    • 2 cups boiling water
    • 3 tablespoons oil

Directions

  1. Mix flour, salt, Kool-Aid until blended. 
  2. Add oil to  boiling water, mix with spoon until cool enough to knead. 
  3. Continue kneading until color is blended. 
  4. Store in air tight bag or container in the refrigerator.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment