This week was my husband's birthday and he stated he wanted something chocolate. What better than chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes...These are chocolate cupcakes with a strawberry whipped cream frosting follwed by chocolate covered strawberries on top. What a lucky Husband I have!!
Chocolate Covered Straberry Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Strawberry Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons food processed strawberries (take some fresh strawberries, wash them, remove the stems, and throw them in the food processor until they become a thick, seedy liquid)
- Whip cream until it looks like whipped cream.
- Mix in sugar.
- Mix in strawberries until just combined.
- Be sure to frost your cupcakes before you eat all of the strawberry whipped cream