This soup was a great addition to my weekly dinner meal. I absolutely loved it.
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use chicken breast cuts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, spinach, red peppers, rosemary, garlic powder and pepper in butter until spinach is wilted. Stir in the broth, Alfredo sauce and pesto; cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta and add to the soup. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese. Yield: 5 cups.