4/24/13

Beef Diablo

Pin It
This recipe had good flavor and my family thought it was just ok.  If I make this again, I would add some water to it before cooking for some juice.  There wasn't much gravy that was made from the beef roast I had.  Our grocery store recently changed their brand of meat, and I am still trying to figure out how to cook with it.  It seems to be a bit more drier than I like.  The original recipe called for this to cook for 10 hours.  I let mine cook 8 hours and it was a bit overdone.  Like brown/blackened edges.  I use my crockpot a lot, but I still find it to be a bit tricky to get the time right and not burn the recipes.  Oh well, it may be the last roast of the season as we are supposed to get 80 degree temps in the next week!! I am so ready for spring.



Beef Diablo


3      pounds        beef arm or boneless pot roast (up to 4 lb)
3     potatoes -- peeled and sliced
1     onion -- sliced
2      tablespoons   flour
1      tablespoon    prepared mustard
1      tablespoon    chili sauce
1      tablespoon    Worcestershire sauce
1       teaspoon      vinegar
1      teaspoon      sugar
 
 serves 4 to 6
 
 Trim all excess fat from roast.  Place potatoes and onion in bottom of
 Crock-Pot. 
 
 Make a smooth paste of flour, mustard, chili sauce, Worchestershire sauce,
 vinegar, and sugar.  Spread over top of roast (cut roast in half, if
 necessary, to fit easily).  Place roast in Crock-Pot on top of potatoes and
 onions.  cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment