5/18/11

Spaghetti Sauce

The husband ate the spaghetti and never complained about the switch.  I am not sure he even noticed.  I really am trying to make the switch to better eating.  I will give you all my version of spaghetti sauce.  My sauce is pretty spicy, because I use a hot italian sausage for the meat.  You could substitute hamburger for the meat and it would be fine.  I do it either way, it just depends on the mood I am in when I make it.

Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb. baby portobello mushrooms
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 lb. italian sausage
1 jar tomato sauce such as prego
2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
2 15 oz. cans chopped tomatoes

Brown onions, mushrooms, garlic, and meat in a skillet.  When brown, add all canned ingredients. Cook for about an hour to mix flavors. 

There it is a very easy sauce to make and cheap also.  This sauce cost me about:  $4.00 to make and will feed my family for probably two to three nights and a day of lunch.  Not a bad frugal recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment