This week i found inspiration from Pinterest. I love to bake and happen to have been organizing a fun bake sale that will be held next Saturday April 28th at Encore Dance Academy in Ankeny IA.
Lime in the Coconut Sugar Cookies
(Inspired from My Baking Addiction)
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of one large lime, finely minced
Juice from 1 lime
½ cup sweetened toasted coconut
1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies (I used lime green sugar for fun)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.
4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.
5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.
6. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
8. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.