3/14/12

It is Spring--Or Summer!

Well, in my area it is now 80 degrees...In March..definitely a record.  It seems odd wearing capri pants and having the windows open, but also great!

I have taken a few months off from blogging for yet more family issues.  My mother was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and has only a few months left to live according to the Dr.'s.  This has put me in a bit of a depression, but I am now dealing with it.  Today, I am sharing with you my spring cleaning schedule in hope that you will all get on the wonderful fun job of making your home fresh again. 

I plan on taking next week to clean my house and freshen it up a bit after a long winter..Although here in Iowa the winter was very mild.  By breaking up my tasks into a week long process, I am able to get the jobs completed without it feeling like a chore.

Monday
Clean window sills and tops of windows.  wash windows also.

Tuesday
Clean  and dust blinds in all rooms.  This is a job I absolutelty detest, but I have beautiful custom made wood blinds that need to be dusted.

Wednesday
Look at the tops of the walls and corners and get all the dust bunnies out

Thursday
Clean sofa cushions and have floors cleaned

Friday
Deep clean the bathroom and bedrooms

There it is, my spring cleaning list.  Sometimes I also clean my kitchen cabinets, but I am not sure I want to tackle that project next week.

How do you spring clean?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I live in Iowa too. This weather is amazing! This has been my favorite winter ever. I would love it if it were like this every year. :) I like that you break up the cleaning. I need to do that so I don't feel so overwhelmed. My house could definitely use some spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete