5/3/12

Crock Nutty Chicken

The name for this chicken was intriguing.  I love using my crockpot throughout the year.  I use it in the summer so that my kitchen does not get too hot and I use it in the winter when I want to cook all day.  I am a busy mom and this appliance helps me do my work.  It is also a great appliance when I don't feel like cooking.  The following recipe came from the Dinner Diva herself, Leanne Ely.  I love using the Flylady cleaning system and Leanne's recipes are a great option. 




Crock-Nutty Chicken

Serves 6

1/3 cup peanut butter

6 tablespoons soy sauce--divided

3 1/2 teaspoons onion -- minced

2 cloves garlic -- pressed

several drops tabasco

1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

3 tablespoons honey

1/2 tablespoon butter -- melted

2 cups chicken broth

2 tablespoons corn starch



Mix peanut butter, 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce, onion, garlic, tabasco and ginger.



Spread peanut butter mixture inside of each chicken breast halves piece. Fold in half; close with small skewer or toothpick. Place in crockpot. In a bowl, mix remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce with honey, butter and broth and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.



Remove chicken from crockpot and keep warm. Transfer remaining cooking liquid to a saucepan and heat to a boil. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in small amount of cold water and stir into sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens nicely. Serve with sauce spooned over the top of chicken. Don't forget to remove toothpicks before serving!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment