11/9/11

Famous Apple Pie

What do you get when you find a bag of these:

 You get my famous apple pie!!  I love this time of the year because I get to make my wonderful baked creations and I don't have to feel guilty about  them.  I love to feel cozy in my house and have the smell of something wonderful baking in the oven.  I am not always excited about the mess I create, but it cleans up!!  Well since our visit to an apple orchard a week or so ago, my family has been asking if I can make my apple pie.  Of Course today was a very snowy day and I chose to spend my morning making a pie.  AHHHH!!  Relaxation.

 My pie starts with 8 cups of apples, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/2 cup or so of brown sugar. 
 Roll out the pie crust and place in your pan.  Do not flute the edges if you are topping your pie with another crust!

Add your apples, dot with butter if you want to and top with the second crust.

Now trim the edge to 1/2 inch over the pie plate and crimp the edges.  Cut a slit in the top of your pie and bake at 400 degrees for 30 mins. and then turn down oven to 375 degrees and bake for another 30 mins. or until pie bubble in the center.  That is how you know it is finshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment