10/28/10

Poor Man's Carnitas

I am on a mission to not grocery shop too much through the holidays.  I know that I will have to go to the store for baking needs and the Holiday meals, but what about our daily food?  I have vowed to make due with what I have on hand.  I will be buying perishable items and using my pantry more and more.  Isn't that what its for?  Well here is the recipe that I had this evening.  A concoction I made up from having leftovers from a pork roast cooked in the crock pot earlier this week.

Poor Man's Carnitas

2 cups leftover cooked and shredded pork shoulder
1 onion sliced
1 package chicken taco seasoning mix
1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup salsa
Condiments of your choice:  Cheese, sour cream etc.
Corn Tortillas

 Heat a skillet to medium heat.  Cook onions until translucent.  Add the pork saute until pork is a little crispy and brown in color.  Add orange juice and simmer.  Add taco seasoning and water called for on package.  Place pork in tortilla and top with salsa and condiments.  Yummo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment