The following recipe made a wonderful dinner using up leftover chicken from a few nights ago. What a great way to revive dinner!! This great recipe is from Taste of Home. I found an old issue laying around and was going to throw it away until I looked through it and found dinner. What a wonderful frugal dinner that didn't cost me anything. Probably about $2.80 per serving.
Lemon Chicken Tortellini
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink. Remove
- and keep warm. In the same pan, cook red pepper until crisp-tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add 2 cups broth; bring to a boil.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and remaining broth until smooth;
- gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, lemon peel and
- pepper sauce if desired. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain
- pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.