I may have even shared a recipe last year. But this recipe was a bit different and I was intrigued. They turned out wonderfully and I would definitely make these again.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- confectioners' sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms.
- Dust hands with confectioners' sugar and shape dough into 1" balls.
- Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool on wire racks.
- *My Notes*:.
- I have tried these with several different cake mix brands. They all come out good, but the Betty Crocker does come out the best.
- I was having a problem with my cookies flattening while baking. This usually happens with the generic cake mix brands. You can play with your oven temp and try them on 375 to keep them from spreading. Adding more oil than called for will also cause the cookies to spread -- I wouldn't suggest it, they really don't need extra oil.