12/22/11

Pecan Pie Surpise Bars

This is a wonderful recipe to use for Christmas Dessert.  I am giving these to my neighbors this year on my annual  cookie tray.  I was a bit afraid these failed because when I put the filling onto the crust, the crust ate up the filling.  I am not sure if this was supposed to happen, but will definitely make these again to try and find out. 

Pecan Pie Surprise Bars
18 1/2 oz yellow or butter cake mix (I used a caramel cake mix I had available)
2/3 c butter or margarine, softened
4 eggs
1/2 c brown sugar
1 1/2 c corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 c pecans

Reserve 2/3 cup dry cake mix. Combine remaining cake mix with butter and 1 egg. Mix until crumbly. Press crumb mixture into a greased 13×9 pan. Bake 350° — 15 to 20 min. (golden brown).
Combine other 2/3 dry cake mix with 3 eggs, brown sugar, syrup, & vanilla. Beat (mixer) one to two min.
Pour over partially baked crust.
Sprinkle with pecans.
Return to oven 30-35 min (filling gets set)
Cool – cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment