4/27/10

Iowa State Fair

Oh..You may be saying what is with this title, but for the last five years I have entered the pie contest at the Iowa State Fair. I have won a handful of ribbons. This has given me soo much encouragement in my recipes and cooking efforts. This year will be different. I am furthering my education this year to advance my career. This means that on the day of pie judging, I will be taking a final for my summer class. I am still going to try and enter a pie or two, but I don't think that I will be entering 10 pies as I did last year.

I do think though that I may enter some different contests this year. It is time to broaden my horizon's as I say. So, here it is. The next few months of my blog will be devoted to the homemade way of life. I am on a quest to make wonderful food that will be proud to stand at the Iowa State Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment